As a passionate science communicator, I am heavily involved with a number of science storytelling and outreach programs, including That's Life [Science] (TLS) and Life Science Cafe as well as the Graduate Women in STEM in a leadership capacity.
- Kadambari Devarajan (August 2019), "There Is Nary a Pest as Hated as Mesquite in the Desert Flatland of Kutch", The Wire
- Kadambari Devarajan (May 2019), "ViXeN - View eXtract aNnotate Multimedia Data", Methods.blog
- Kadambari Devarajan (June 2018), "Thara Ticket at the (Probably) Thakara Theatre", Blackbuck
- Kadambari Devarajan (April 2018), "The Field After Cancer", Fem Field Secrets blog
- Kadambari Devarajan (September 2017), "A Salt County Almanac", Saevus (Issue: September 2017)
- Kadambari Devarajan (July 2017), "Journeys Through Six Continents", Fundamatics (Issue: 3Q 2017)
- Kadambari Devarajan (February 2017), "Stories in the Sand", Celebrating Natural Heritage Souvenir (2017)
- Kadambari Devarajan (October 2016), "The Restaurant at the Edge of the Reef", Fundamatics (Issue: 4Q 2015).
- Kadambari Devarajan (December 2015), "Thara Ticket at the (Probably) Thakara Theatre", Fundamatics (Issue: 2Q 2015).(In the media 1)
- Kadambari Devarajan (December 2015), "Of Rains and Other Such Precipitation", Fundamatics (Issue: 2Q 2015).
- Kadambari Devarajan (September 2014), "Something Fishy - Emptying India’s Seas”, Conservation India.
That's Life [Science]
I have been contributing to That's Life [Science] (TLS), a science communication blog run by graduate students, since 2017. For my involvement with TLS, I was nominated and elected as the President of this blog which has ~40 current contributors and readership in 195 countries. Some of our posts receive thousands of unique hits.
At TLS I have been a writer and peer editor since 2017, managing editor and Web & Graphic Design committee member since 2018, and President for 2019-20.
- Kadambari Devarajan (September 2019), "More Tales from Trails", That's Life[Science]
- Kadambari Devarajan (August 2019), "Tales from Trails - Field Dispatches from Africa", That's Life[Science]
- Kadambari Devarajan (March 2019), "The Biology of Booze ft. Tequila", That's Life[Science]
- Kadambari Devarajan (July 2018), "Critter Candid Cam", That's Life[Science]
- Kadambari Devarajan (May 2018), "You Scratch My Back and I'll Scratch Yours", That's Life[Science]
Life Science Café
I have been working with the University of Massachusetts (UMass) Science Cafe since 2018, helping communicate scientific research with the broader Amherst community.
We structure these as themed discussions and panels, interweaving an informational interview format with audience Q&A. I have been helping organize Life Science Café since 2018, in addition to hosting a few and handling the video recording as camerawoman since 2019.
- Climate Change Panel with Toni Lyn Morelli, Michelle Staudinger, and Kristen DeAngelis
- Climate Change and Human Health with Jennifer Albertine